RE: Defroster Vents??

To: "'Overton, Keith A.'" <Keith.Overton@alcoa.com>,
Subject: RE: Defroster Vents??
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@ntsrv004.corp.novatel.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:59:51 -0600
Keith,

My Mk1A only has one elbow, on the driver's side. As far as I can recall (I will
check tonight if I remember) the flex tubing is not tapered, and it fits inside
the rubber piece. If the ID of the free end of the rubber piece is larger than
the OD of the metal tube on the other heater outlet, then the flex tubing will
fit inside the rubber..

If your blower motor does not run very well (and if it draws a lot of current)
you might have to re-lube the bearings. Disassembling the heater assembly and
the motor requires some patience (still more is required to re-assemble it), but
the end result is well worth it. You should also check for leaves etc. caught in
the inlet screen. Other options are to fit a blower assembly or a squirrel cage
and motor from another vehicle (an old Falcon, as described by John Crawley?)

Good luck,

Theo Smit
tsmit@home.com
tsmit@novatel.ca