Re: STEERING WHEEL

To: daniel@htg.net, owner-tigers@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: STEERING WHEEL
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:57:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/99 1:49:33 AM, daniel@htg.net wrote:

>Been kind of quiet this weekend. I was wondering if the plastic hub on
>the steering wheel can be removed and replaced? If it can, who carries this
>piece and how does one R&R it? There is a big chunk of mine missing and I
>would like to repair it. Does anyone know of a reputable company that can do
>this kind of work?
Removal is not nondestructive.  However, a new part can be molded in the
plastic.  I had mine done by a guy in Broadway Virginia.  Found his service
in Hemmings.  That was a few years ago, so  I don't know if he is still in
operation.  Check Hemmings for steering wheel repair services.  Most mold the
appropriate plastic to replace the old dried out stuff.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl