Re: inquiry 081699b

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 081699b
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:17:09 -0600
Larry wrote:
>I think headrests built in to the seats would look too non-period and
not appropriate on a Tiger unless you were doing the ground-effects
package and billet wheels too. :^) However, I recall seeing in stores
and catalogs, when I was a kid, accessory headrests for cars not so
equipped. They were cylindrical, and rather big; say 5" diameter by a
foot long, covered in vinyl. They had two metal "forks" sticking down so
that one tine one each side went ahead of the seatback, and one ahead;
the forks looked like a lower-case "h".  No permanent attachment, and
I'd definitely think about padding the contact surfaces to protect the
seats. Something like that might be neat on a car of our age, if you
could find or fabricate them. Myself, I'm more leaning towards the
headrests built in to the roll bar.<

These headrests are currently available in Princess Auto (surplus) in
Edmonton for $15 each - black and dark brown. Anyone that wants a pair let
me know today and I shall pick them up for them.
Godspeed
Jc