re: hot tiger

To: Windsor Owens <wowens@etec.com>
Subject: re: hot tiger
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:33:27 -0400
Windsor,
        Suggest you check out the local AutoZone for a 15" Flex Fan
#221615 By Imperial Automotive products.  Around $30.  You may have to trim
off 1/2" of the outer lip if you have clearance problems with the Rack.
Suggest making a thin cardboard templet to indicate the trim area.
The blades are stainless steel and a good pair of aviation shears
cuts it easy.  File or grind off any burrs to make it look nice.
The hole is 5/8", not 1".  A 1" Greenly Punch will make it 1" hole
but you should carefully locate the tool.

At 09:32 AM 8/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks to all who passed along their experiences & wisdom.  Since it
>was relatively easy to do, (and the system has not been serviced in 20
>years) I decided to pull out the radiator and will probably go with a
>quad core, 15 fins per inch.  Still searching for the elusive maverick
>fan, though!  After re-installation, I'll monitor the puke factor
>closely.  If she does puke on the rally, I'll just pull over on the
>side of the road and install some of my new weatherstripping while
>waiting for a cool down.  Ah, the advantages of a project car!  Never
>to little to do!
>

>Windsor

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others