Trouble shooting

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Trouble shooting
From: BOBCARNUT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:31:59 EDT
After about six months of restoring/rebuilding I was finally able to take our
Tiger for it's first test spin! All seems good except for a couple of minor
problems. The first problem which I already fixed was a problem with the
charging rate. The ammeter was "pegged".....approx. 40 Amps. at anything
above idle speed. A new regulator took care of that problem and leaves the
following problem be fixed. The fuel gauge doesn't seem to be
working........Yes, the temp gauge is OK so I know the problem isn't the
gauges voltage regulator. What I need to know is the range of resistance of
the fuel gauge sending unit so I can determine if the fault is with the
sender or something else, such as the gauge or the wiring (new). All
connections seem tight, etc.
If anyone can supply this information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
in advance. BTW, the gauge worked before the restoration was
started....Thanks again!