Re: Bushings

To: k._fitzgerald@bc.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Bushings
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 02:13:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/99 11:05:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
k._fitzgerald@bc.sympatico.ca writes:

<< A few years ago I let an allegedly knowledgeable friend talk me into teflon
 bushings (greaseless).  My car now sounds like an old Buick that hasn't been
 greased in a couple of decades.  Make sure whatever you go for doesn't put
you
 in the same predicament.

 If anyone has a suggestion for a good replacement (street and strip) I would
 be most interested to hear from them as well. >>

I believe Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties now stocks poly urethane bushings for A-
arms, sway bar and leaf springs. The A-arm bushings may be "grooved" for
accepting grease.
Wouldn't you want soft front bushings and no sway bar for strip? I think
Tigers have enough problem with weight transfer with their short wheelbase
and wouldn't want to add to the problem with a tight front end...
Mike