Body parts for sale and weight

To: alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Body parts for sale and weight
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:15:19 -0700
As many of you know, I am stripping my SV to finish my S3.  Shortly, I will
be left with a SV shell that I want to sell.  The car was hit at the rear
of the passenger door and the front part of the back fender.  That door and
rocker panel, the front of the rear fender, the walls of the trunk, the
rear wheel wells, and the driver's side rear fender (which has a small dent
that was caused from the car twisting in the accident) have damage.
However the rest is perfect.  I've been told that the front end alone is
easily worth $600.  The car already has a mirror smooth paint job on it
that won't have to be stripped (except I guess where welding is done and
the heat ruins that part of the paint).  I do have someone who is
interested in getting the car at $600, but I'm not committed to him yet.
If anyone is interested, and would pick it up from my house in Los Angeles,
let me know.

At the same time, I will be taking off the front end cross member and the
rear end.  So the car will be on a dolly.  Anyone have any idea how heavy
such a totally stripped car would weigh so I can buy a strong enough dolly
to put it on?

Jay