RE: Clutch Fluid

To: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>, Tiger List
Subject: RE: Clutch Fluid
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:59:24 -0600
Check your carpet. Typically the master cylinder seal fails, then it weeps fluid
onto the clutch pedal shaft, and from there it leaks into the car.

Currently I'm using silicone fluid in my street car's clutch, and high-temp DOT
3 in the brake circuits. I'll probably change the Tiger's clutch to silicone
over the winter as well. For the brakes, I'll use Girling LMA (or whatever the
current equivalent is), and change the fluid regularly. No sense in having
spongy brakes when you need them most.

Theo Smit
tsmit@home.com
B382002705