Re: tach help

To: Chris Vaught <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>, tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tach help
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:09:57 -0700
Chris,

The units "MFD" were intended, I'm sure, to be "microfarads", not
"megafarads". a 0.01 megafarad capacitor would be about the size of
Delaware and would take the Grand Coulee dam about a fortnight to charge up
to 12V. You did the right thing and I'm sure it will work fine once you get
the engine running. It will need some calibrating of course, which we can
help you with once you get to that point.

If you find a source for the bezel gaskets, let me know too. I have used
O-rings that I have ready access to in the lab. I'd like to hear what
others are using.

Brgds,

Bob

At 06:17 PM 9/19/99 -1000, Chris Vaught wrote:
>Today i used the tech tip to upgrade my 7000rpm tack to be used with a MDS
>ignition. My engine does not run as of yet so i can not say if it works but
>i did encounter a few small problems. the part numbers listed for the
>capicitor had the wrong unit of measurement in the tech tip. the tech tip
>says use .0047MFD to .01MFD and gives the part numbers 272-134 and 272-130.
>P/N 272-134 was outside the range specified and the units of measurement on
>272-130 was .0047uF not MFD. i hope i used the correct part. it was really
>easy to install and the tech tip was very easy to follow. i do need a new
>gasket for the bezel, where can i get that?
>Thanks
>Chris

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES