RE: tach help

To: CVaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tach help
From: rhoefle@ctlinc.com (Rick Hoefle)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:34:41 -0400
Chris:
I don't know about the part numbers, but I can help a bit by telling you
that both "MFD" and "uF" stand for the same thing (microFarads), so you have
at least one of the parts correct.  As for the other cap, just look in your
local Rat Shack for the specified value (.01 MFD or uF) and forget about the
part numbers...it's the value that's important.

Regards,

Rick

Today i used the tech tip to upgrade my 7000rpm tack to be used with a MDS
ignition. My engine does not run as of yet so i can not say if it works but
i did encounter a few small problems. the part numbers listed for the
capicitor had the wrong unit of measurement in the tech tip. the tech tip
says use .0047MFD to .01MFD and gives the part numbers 272-134 and 272-130.
P/N 272-134 was outside the range specified and the units of measurement on
272-130 was .0047uF not MFD. i hope i used the correct part. it was really
easy to install and the tech tip was very easy to follow. i do need a new
gasket for the bezel, where can i get that?
<<