Rotisserie

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Rotisserie
From: Wally Menke <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:37:02 +1000 (EST)
Just an update on rotisserie progress.

I now have the body up and rotating at will with the rotisserie I designed.
I ended up following Steve's suggestion to not only use the bumper bar bolts
but also the jacking points. A 3/4" square piece of tube fits nicely, I tac
welded it in to make sure it was'nt going to go anywhere. These tubes were
welded onto a piece of angle, and then welded the angle onto the main
support between the bumper bolts.

The problem with using the bumper bar bolts only is that I was only able to
elevate one end of the car at a time, the rear first. When at an angle I
fitted the rotisserie it put a bending force on the bolts. Not a good look.

It certainly makes life much easier if your going down the total re-built
track! As I have to replace the exhaust pass through's and the chassis
section underneath them, which are just about rusted away as well. I
could'nt begin to think how much fun this would be laying on my back.

Happy Spinner
Wally Menke