inquiry 092899d

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 092899d
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:21:30 -0400
James Barrett wrote:
>         The reason I went with the C4 instead of an
> AOD, EAOD or C6 was that I thought the C4 would fit
> without changing the tunnel.  Maybe, I should get an
> Automatic out of the Space Shuttle transporter.  It
> would probably fit now.

        Gee, why not an old Torqueflite? Run the actuating cables for
pushbutton shifting to the radio (you'll have to remember that the"FM"
button means "reverse"); no shift lever at all.
        Seriously: good luck, going shiftless sounds like a _lot_ of
work. I have no idea why the stock tunnel is offset to the driver's
side, unless it's to clear the shift linkage. Perhaps it's a case of
Jensen's Revenge, as home-market Tigers have the tunnel offset to their
_passenger_ side; what do they care about us Yanks? :^)

Lawrence R. Wright
"I can't get no -- Satis-traction"