Re: Door Hinges

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Hinges
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 07:51:41 -0700

Larry writes:
>Those hinges are tough to remove.  Paint is not a problem,  but rust
>between screw and hindges is.  Soak with WD-40 for several days, tap
>with hammer, each day, and buy an  impact screw driver.  It has a
>phillips head, and at the other end, you hit it with a hammer, and it
>turns screw, with damage to screw head.

While that is true, that is only AFTER you remove the door strap.  Unless
you do that, you can't get the door open wide enough to get the impact
screw driver in there.

I just did this.  Which of course raises a question.  Anyone have
suggestions on what to use to replace the factory rivet that was in there
holding on the door strap?  I understand that it has to be small enough to
fit in the hole in the door when the door closes.

Jay