Re: Book Of Norman

To: randya@pacbell.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Book Of Norman
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 02:26:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/99 9:57:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
randya@pacbell.net writes:

<< Anyone who has a copy of the "Book Of Norman" might find this amusing.
 Someone is
 auctioning a copy of the book on ebay, and as of Sunday night it is up
 to $280!  Kinda
 hard to believe this book is a hot item now, since it took years for
 Norm to sell the thousand
 or so copies he had made up.  The person selling the book has done a
 nice job of hyping
 it. >>

The auction mentality at work!
In defense of whoever ends up paying the big number for Norman's book, it
must be said that when written, only the few "in the know" as to the depth of
information and facts within stepped up to buy from Sunbeam Specialities or,
as I did, direct from Norm. It wasn't like you could go to Amazon.com or your
local Barnes and Noble and pick one up. I think the Tiger mail list and the
general growth of the Tiger collector marketplace has given this book the
classic status it so deserves.
Mike