Re: Originality

To: laifman@flash.net, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: Originality
From: "scott van every" <irishve@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:39:25 PDT
Steve, your two cents is right on the money.  The Mustang came out in the
summer of 64 all by itself.  It was called a 64 1/2 car by Ford and all of
the advertisments as well.  The DMV however labeled it a 65 model on the
pink slip.  My family went out and purchased one (a horrible orange one with
a 289 and a 4 speed) in the summer of 64.  We kept it only one year however,
because while my mother was driving it the front seat moved when she was
trying to shift the car from 1st to 2nd. Being a small lady she could not
reach the clutch or the brakes. My father was blamed for her putting the car
in an open man hole cover. It has been 35 years, but when asked it is still
my "fathers damn car". It was the last manual transmission car he ever
bought.
Scott
B9471989