Re: Originality

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: Originality
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:09:04 -0500 (CDT)
On 10/09/99 11:48:38 Bob Palmer wrote:
>I used to work with someone who bought one of the first Mustangs. He called
>it a "'65". I pointed out it must have been a "64". He argued vehemently
>that there were no "64" Mustangs. Well, OK then "64 & 1/2". Nope, he was
>sure I was wrong.

Bob,
Ford didn't market the first Mustangs as '64 or '64 1/2.  They were all '65
models and production for that year ran about 18 months.  The VIN numbers
identified them all as '65's.  The 64 1/2 designation seems to have been
coined about the time people started collecting and restoring these gems to
differentiate between the early and late '65 production.  There were many
small differences that make them unique.

Don Daves
sorry for the non-Tiger content