JAL Ford V-8

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: JAL Ford V-8
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:42:26 -0700
Tiger's,

Jensen's assembly line shut down over 23 years ago.  But, if it were in business
today, what would it make, an SUV?

Well, looking at history, figure on a light English roadster body/chassis
combined
with a good strong Ford V-8.  Since Jensen was never really big on marketing
savvy, they'd probably call it the Jensen S-V8.  Simple, direct.

Well, It was in the papers this morning.  What a knock-out.  This is the best
looking car I have ever seen coming off the Jensen Assembly Line (except for a
classic car like the Tiger).

It uses a Ford Cobra 4.6 OHC V-8 (of course), is a genuine roadster, made to
'compete' (read "blow the doors off") the SLK, Z-3, and Boxster at a measly
$65,400.  A mere "bag-of shells".  No data on whether this would be the double
cam
or not, but maybe the S-V tells it all.

The car has the general feel of a Mercedes body shape, fender-moulded lighting,
an
all aluminum body, and a very well rendered "Jensen" grill that looks a lot more
like the Austin Healy 100 shape.  They were pretty close, anyway.

The factory will be at a site near Liverpool (Northern England and Beatle
Country), and 100 have already been pre-sold.  The bad news is we, in the
States,
will probably not see one until after Europe and Japan.

This is another JAL serial number I would love to have.  Save your pocket
change.

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/