Re: Coating the Walnut Dash

To: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Coating the Walnut Dash
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:40:16 -0400
You can easily coat the finished dash with a pour on plastic lacquer-like
finish that will equal 50 coats of varnish. This is a method that Scott Woerth
pioneered years ago. It is durable, easily applied when you know how, and much
more attractive than any other. A very deep & glossy finish. And your formica
will look precisely like wood. We used to use a Wilson art burled wood
countertop material that looked very much like the standard Tiger dash
material, which I think is no longer produced, but this coating would cover
wood also.
It's called Envirotex. It is a two part pour on plastic finish. It is a little
tricky to apply. If you are interested, call me on the phone and I'll explain
how to do it. I did three dashes with excellent results.
Al Johnson