Re: Now I've done it

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Now I've done it
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:49:49 -0600
James,
    This happened to me recently. I was trying out my new LAT hood checking
the fit. I removed my hood in order to bolt the LAT hood in place when
finished checking everything I remounted my old hood. When I went to open
the hood it wouldn't open. I ended up using a small combination wrench to
loosen the henge bolts on the hood at the front of the car through the
grill. Wasn't easy by any means. Be patient and just don't give up. Once I
got all the bolts loose the hood moved enough for the release to work. This
gave me the idea to have my helper hold the bonnet release open while I
tried to mount the hood in the reverse order. I set the hood on the car
without bolting the hinges down. Moved the hood around to center it and then
checked very carefully to see if the bonnet latch would lock and release.
Warning: Do not pull the bonnet up as if you are openning the hood, only
pull on it to check to see if it is going to lock and unlock. Once I was
sure it was working to my satisfaction, I went back to the front of the car
and mounted two of the henge mounting bolts and snugged them down. I went
back to check to see if the bonnet would still lock and unlock. It did , so
I mounted two more bolts and tightened them down as much as possible. Went
back around and checked the hood again. Seemed to be working ok so I openned
the hood and mounted the rest of the bolts and tightened them all down. Hood
works better than ever. There may be an easier way but this worked for me
without to much problem. Good Luck.
Dan Eiland
B382002652LRXFE