Found B9473358

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Found B9473358
From: derekw@zamnet.zm
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:04:42 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I've found B9473358 lying under a mango tree in the
middle of the bush out here (I had heard there were some old minis and
Morris minors lying on an old farm so went looking last weekend.)

It doesn't seem to have much rust (thanks to our dry climate) but engine,
bonnet and interior are gone.) Most mechanicals are there plus a rolled
Alpine that I can get for spares. Would the engine number be 5392F21KA?

How important (to restored value) is it to find the original engine
(matching numbers?) Also, how easy is it to just drop in a 289 or 302? What
is a complete engine, bonnet, interior likely to cost me (in the UK or US.)
It also has no wheels so any suggestions as to other cars with the same stud
pattern will help me tow it home.

Any and all leads, ideas, suggestions, advice will be most appreciated.

cheers, derek

ps roughly how many Tigers are still on the road?

Derek White
Managing Director
Zikomo Brewing Company
Box 31730, Lusaka, Zambia