Surge and UK parts

To: Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Surge and UK parts
From: derekw@zamnet.zm (Derek White)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:54:02 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi all,

My ideas for what they're worth on the surges at 2500-3000 rpm (if after
bypassing the MSD, you still have problems.)

Try disengaging the vacuum secondaries (don't know the hollies but you
should be able to take off a rod or something.) You could also take the
engine through the rev range a few times and watch the operation of the
secondaries (see if it is erratic or nice and smooth.)

I don't think it would be a manifold leak (this would give problems at lower
rpms.) Try different float levels (I once had a similar problem with some
Webers and this worked.)

Please help!  I have bought this 65 Tiger and need some parts suppliers in
the UK (since shipping from there is much quicker and cheaper.) I need a
gearbox with 5 -bolt bell housing, bonnet (hood), radiator (is it the same
as any other car?), soft top, mag wheels, smaller stuff.

Also I've found locally an old 302 out of a mustang and want to rebuild it.
Any suggestions for US parts suppliers, a good compression, carb, cam,
headers set up for fast road use (not too wild.) Any of you have some
performance goodies you don't need?

Thanks! Cheers, derek

Derek White
Zikomo Brewing Company