Fuel Pump Noise

To: "'Tigers'" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump Noise
From: "Colley, Chuck" <Chuck.Colley@wang.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:33:02 -0400
Listers,
My fuel pump was distractingly noisy, especially now that it's hard top
season.  I have a 2" x 2"  square(appx) electric fuel pump(can't see the
name) under the passenger side "back seat" area. Tiger Tom recommended
isolating the pump from the frame with a couple of exhaust hardware
insulators - Walker Part # 35144. The two of them cost me $3.53 w/tax at my
local auto parts store. The result is fantastic... I can hear again. If
anyone else has a fuel pump that is directly mounted to the frame, and wants
a lot less noise, try this out..
All The Best,
funbeamChuck
B382001278