Re: parking brakes

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: parking brakes
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:09:06 -0700
<snip>
>The criteria we recommended was that the "Parking Brake", when engaged,
hold an
>at-rest vehicle from motion on a 30% grade, facing either direction.  If
yours can
>do that, it's better than most.

I was sitting in a sports bar one evening at a "goin-away" party for a guy
at work once and happened to look out the window. Someone had parked their
"240-Z" car on a steep part of the parking lot with just using 2nd gear for
a brake. They obviously had a low compression engine or a bad valve job,
because it had rolled half way across the lot in reverse by turning the
engine over. Rather embarrassing for someone.

Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA