Re: parking brakes

To: TIGERS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parking brakes
From: FHSLOTH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:12:40 EDT
I work in a building that sits on a hill, probably about a 15% grade.

Last summer a Jeep rolled backwwards down the hill and slammed into a fence
about 300 yards away on the OTHER side of the street. It bent the fence and
nearly wiped out a Mercedes that was parked on the other side of the fence.

Shortly after that, the UPS man parked on the hill. His truck rolled backward
down the hill and slammed into a utility pole about 200 feet away. We heard
the crash; the pole was not damaged but the wires shook for about two
minutes. The truck had the most perfect crease dead center of the back door.

The driver is still looking for another job.

Fred Baum
MKI 9470768