Re: Boss Tiger?

To: Hipo67@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boss Tiger?
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:16:50 -0800
Gene,

Do you have a Boss 302 you'd like to use? The biggest problem is the bigger
heads. The short block is a lot stronger and might be worth putting in,
depending on what you want to use it for. I have a hunch the Boss block is
heavier though. I believe someone posted a link to the weights of various
Windsor motors about a year or so back.

I agree with everything Paul Burr has to say about Boss 302 heads versus
newer aluminum heads. The Boss 302 made good power once you got the rpms
way up, but it couldn't get out of its own way below about 4 grand. It
worked fine for Trans Am, which is what it was built for. Take some 4V
Cleveland heads and let that motor breath real good. However, unless you
are planning on running it at 7 or 8 grand, you are better of with smaller,
higher velocity ports. At least that's what I've read and heard.

TTFN,

Bob