Re: Slushomatic.

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>, James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Slushomatic.
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:49:37 -0800
Larry,

Too much physics content to pass up here. In principle, if you know the
initial speed, all you need to know from there on is acceleration in order
to know distance traveled. That's how "inertial guidance" systems work.
Nuclear submarines go for months and know their position to within feet
based on only measuring acceleration.

I presume Jim is wishing he had installed a higher stall speed torque
converter. I would suggest he try dropping the C4 into gear at
progressively higher rpms until he finds a place that gets with the program
without smoking the tires too much.

Well, TTFN,

Bob

At 05:08 PM 11/28/99 -0500, Larry Paulick wrote:
>Congrats Jim on getting the Tiger on the road.  Question, how does the
>GTec measure distance?  I understand that it can measure the g force,
>and time, but you need distance as well.
>
>Also did you weigh the car to get an accurate weight with you in the
>car, and all the other stuff like gas, etc?  2,600 may be too light.
>
>What kind of carb do you have?  10 mpg seems very low for a 2.88 ratio.
>
>Larry

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)