Water control Valve 66' Tiger

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water control Valve 66' Tiger
From: Mark Fridenstine <laceyf@crosslink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:32:12 -0800
Folks:
    I'm trying to deside if I can correct my original Water control
valve or purchase a new one. What I need to know is the amount of
slide/pull/stretch/etc. that the pin which hooks on the cable moves.
Mine goes a little and I can see it slides (3/8") but is it enough? How
far at both ends it travels from the cylinder (in inches) does it travel
at full open and full closed, and how far is it supposed to be away from
the cylinder part?
    Thanks in advance for any replys!!!!!11