Wood dash lettering - Answer

To: alcon@home.com, tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood dash lettering - Answer
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:58:42 -0800 (PST)
Alan et. al,

Thanks everyone for tips on dash lettering.  I found
some dry transfer letters that appear to match the
size and font I found on page 72 of the Book of
Norman.  Here is the info:

Call first or check on the net.

Go to model Train store

Model Graphics by Woodland Scenics
Model Quality Dry Transfer Decals

I chose part # MG738  Condensed Gothic, R.R. White
1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16

The sheet has enough letters to do all of the
instruments.  There was also another font called 45
degree Gothic that looked pretty close too.

They claim to be solvent resistant, so I am going to
put down a sealer cost of polyurethane (Helmans Spar
Urethane) , apply the letters, then put several more
coats of polyurethane.  I will post the results.

Chris

http://messenger.yahoo.com