Temperature

To: "Tiger Owners" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:21:04 -0800
Though "cooling" a Tiger is probably few people's problem right now, I just
thought I would point out an interesting tool that just appeared in one of
the many car catalogs I, for some reason or another, seem to receive.
Unfortunately, they no longer send me the Victoria's Secret as they used
to.....

Anyway, the tool is an "Infrared Thermometer" that I have referred to on
this list quite often, and it is from "Griot's Garage."  There are two
versions, one with a Laser pointing device ($269.95) and one without
($169.95).  the advantages of these devices is that they are exceptionally
accurate and fast, as well as you can obtain a temp measurement without
actually touching the area to measured.  They apparently have a website that
I have never been to, it is:  www.griotsgarage.com.

Frankly, the stuff in this catalog is very nice and some of it very unique,
but all-in-all much too rich for my blood.  For now, I think I will stick
with the temp sensor that hooks up to my old Fluke DMM.  Works fine for me
and I have only occasionally burned my hands.

On another note, Dick had mentioned my Shelby "Minilite" wheels and
suggested that I could post a photo to clear the air.  I will try to set
something up today or tomorrow if at all possible.  But I need someplace to
download the photo to for everyone to see.  Any suggestions?  I have a VERY
cheap (you know me) digital camera that I will have to dink around with to
get it to work, but let me see what I can do.  With regard to these wheels,
I really like the looks of them.  So much so that I buy them whenever I find
them lurking around.  Besides the four on my car, I have three spares in
storage.

In the matter of looks, from every set that I have seen, only the rim and
the center hub are polished, the spokes keep that "sand cast" look about
them.  Though as everything with a Tiger, I have seen some that have been
personalized.  Mostly I have seen the spokes painted with a silver-gray
color on Tigers (much like Panasports,) and occasionally the color of the
car and in rare cases, the spokes painted gold.  Though I have been prodded
to paint the spokes on mine with some of that real groovy Hammerite brand
(sp?) paint, I have chosen to leave the rims as they are.

Well, sorry for the long post....I guess I have been lurking to long

Anyway, allow me to wish everyone here a very safe, happy and successful New
Year!

Regards,

Allan
B9472373