Harringtons - further information

To: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Subject: Harringtons - further information
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:31:02 +0000
Hi Ian,

you may also remember that the very same roof style is used on the
Harrington C type Alpine like mine.

The C type was based on the series 2 body and had the hatch back styling
but retained the larger fins. I guess the roof may have been re-worked
slightly for the wind screen frame changes on the series 3 and 4 based
cars.

So far as the 'Harrington' Tiger is concerned, the guys at Sunbeam
Spares Company are long term Sunbeam enthusiasts and club officials. I
have a feeling they are actually selling the car on behalf of a
customer.

I spoke to Keith Hampson today and he explained that what they have
advertised is a Tiger which has been "Harringtonised" by the owner. They
do not present the vehicle as a genuine Harrington original and
apologised for any mis-understanding.

I have known both Keith and Brian for a long time and would tend to
support them.

As far as the owner is concerned I cannot comment as I know of him by
name only.

If you want to buy an authentic Harrington D type, contact me off list
as I know of one of the remaining 3 which may be for sale shortly.

One a lighter note, has anyone seen the film, 'The Italian Job' its a
great car chase movie and the coach used was made by Harringtons - now
you really needed to know that.

Now I also have a Tiger and according to my calculations .....
Harrington Alpine plus Tiger            = £  xxx
Harrington Tiger and series 2 Alpine    = £ xxxx

Anyone want to buy a series 2 Alpine or a Tigerrington wotsit ??  8-)

Happy Sunbeaming

Jeff

--
Jeff Howarth