Tire sizes

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire sizes
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:26:13 -0800
Steve Laifman wrote:

Mike,

You didn't specify which (165, 175, 185??) series 50 profile you are using.
 Are
they the same or larger diameter than stock, or 185x70 13's?

Steve

Steve and others,

The tires are 195/50-15 on the front and 205/50-15 on the rear.

 Here is the post from a couple of years ago regarding the sizes/offsets.

For your information: I installed a new set of Panasports on my Tiger.
Originally 3 types of 15" Panasport wheels were available for the Tiger,
15x6 24mm offset, 15x7 22mm offset (rear only) and 15x7 15mm offset (rear
only). Upon
ordering I was informed that 2 offsets were currently available. The 15x6
24mm and a new 15x7 20mm. This is the configuration I went with. I mounted
195/50ZR15's on the 15x6's up front, and 205/50ZR15's on the 15x7's on the
back. A 55 series tire was recommended by Panasport, but I couldn't get the
tires I wanted in that aspect ratio. The new rim/tire combo bolts up
without any frame or body contact. The inner sidewall on the rear tires
clear the leafs by 1/2". The 55 series tires would have been really tight
on the front edge of the front fender arch when turning with any body roll.
The inflated diameters of the tires are 22.7" on the 195's and 23.1" on the
205's. BTW I installed BFG Comp TA ZR's.

In addition:
If you run a 15"x7" up front you will probably get contact between the tire
and the lower edge of the front valance. Everyone I've talked with
regarding 15"x7"s mounted up front said they had to trim or bend the sheet
metal slightly in this area. If you run more offset up front to try and get
a 7" width, the inside of the rim may hit the upper control arm in the
vicinity of the ball joint. Fellow Lister Dick Barker runs 7"s up front on
his street car, and I think Brock Tella does too. If you guys are out
there, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry again for the repeat.

 M.Sutter. '66 Tiger