wheel fell off!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: wheel fell off!
From: "Chris Vaught" <cvaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:36:20 -1000
note to self, check lug nuts! I backed the tiger out of the garage today to
wash it. I thought that I may as well make one pass down the street to show
the neighbors that it would actually move. well I was just coasting into a
turn when the front right wheel fell off. I did not know what happened at
first. I got out of the car and the front looked low but the wheel was ok.
it had actually slipped off of the studs and the rotor was sitting on the
inside of the wheel. it only took a second to slide a jack under there and
put the wheel on correctly. the only damage is a bent dust cover and a small
ring on the inside of my rim. I did scare the %$#@ out of me though. well I
am off to sea. I will see some of you in a few weeks. I will call a couple
of you to put the word out via e mail. the tour will be after working hours
and I will try to get the duty van to pick us all up at a designated spot.
Thanks
Chris B382002322 ( IN FEWER PIECES )