More TAC

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: More TAC
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:50:52 -0500
Yes, we finally found a subject to wake us from our holiday stupor
(Rob G., when was the last time the SCOA user group mail was bested by
Tiger mail?)

Let me weigh in as bi-coastal Tiger owner.The TAC committee members I've
met (Tom Hall, Paul Reisentz, former member Norm Miller) are extremely
knowledgeable, sincere, absolute fair individuals. For the most part,
the owners have to approach the committee to have their cars inspected.
The committe doesn't initiate the contact, in most cases. I was told
that the only time the committe might initiate an inspection is when
they've already done a cursory look, and they're certain the car will
pass.

What separates the TAC group from those club members in the East? For
many owners in the East who have disassembled their own cars, and
snooped around Tigers for years, just the fact that TAC people saw the
need to authenticate Tigers, and were there first. That's all. There are
probably plenty of Eastern owners who would make excellent TAC
inspectors, with very little additional training.