Ginger Update

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ginger Update
From: BCARTUS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 21:42:59 EST
Hello Tiger friends that were at SUNI and those interested in Ginger
Townsend. It has been 6 months and 5 days now since our accident returning
from SUNI III in my 65 Tiger (TAC'd I should add) of 33 years. I am happy to
report that Ginger is making incredible progress. She is still at the
Manorcare facility, but she is almost totally self reliant. I'll not go into
the details, but she dresses, feeds, and bathes herself daily now. She is
walking with the help of a walker, but gets around her room fine without
that! Her memory is slowly returning, but she still has no recollection of
the wreck. She has some minor "numbness" in her face and her left eye is not
in sync with the right. She gets daily physical therapy to work on these
things and it appears to be improving.

I took her to "Jack" Jackson's home today (he was with us at the time) and he
was so surprised! We showed her his Tiger and that still did not trigger any
memory of being in Montana or the accident.

But, you can't imagine how grateful I am that she is asking questions and
calling me on the phone without help! I cannot thank the Sunbeam community
enough for the cards, thoughts, prayers, and emails about her. The doctors
still cannot give a long term diagnosis until after 1 year has passed, but
things look pretty good. The nurses that saw her comatose for 6 weeks will
tell you they are truly amazed!

OK, we now return you to your regular notes on TAC'd Tigers and cooling
problems!

Bill Cartus
P.S. I found a Tiger in the Atlanta area that I purchased. Needs some work,
but that's part of the fun!
B382000980 (pretty sure it's real)