Re: The dust cloud clears...

To: Cushcom1@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The dust cloud clears...
From: derekw@zamnet.zm (Derek White)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:36:50 +0200 (ZMT)
To all,

It amazes me that when someone called Shelby  (or Miller) puts a V8 into an
Alpine, these cars become incredibly valuable (ok so they were the first to
do it which is worth something.) Now if you do the same thing and sell it as
a Tiger you might get your money back plus less-than-minimum wage for your
time  (not too sure of prices, I'm winging it here :-)

My B9473358 is an Alpine. It says that on all the badges (Alpine 260.) I
won't try to pass it off as a Tiger since it is much more valuable as a
genuine Alpine 260 (there were fewer made you see.) Perhaps I will fly in
some Alpine Authentication people to make sure I've got a real Alpine 260
and not just a cleverly disguised, ordinary Tiger.

On a slightly more serious note, the concensus to my question about changing
the engine (to 289 or 302) was that it makes no difference to the value of
the car. So what about changing the tunnel too and a few other bits? I agree
it is very naughty to change chassis plates but what about leaving the
original chassis plate and changing most of the rest of the car?

tongue in cheek and bottom relaxed,

Derek White  B9473358 Alpine 260

PS please check before sending big attachments to 3rd world countries, ISPs
can be slow and intermittent.

At 11:49 AM 1/17/00 EST, Cushcom1@aol.com wrote:
>To all:
>Hey, I can brave all the snide comments from those listers who are too anal
to look at another perspective. And no one is a greater supporter of the
marque, its history and its future than I am. So it is gratifying to see
that I'm not the only one who has knowledge of a kink in the TAC armour.
Instead of trying to deny their own inability to detect a purpose-built
fraud, the Tackers should perhaps spend more time trying to figure out what
happened and how to correct the problem in the future.

>Hey, nothing in this world is perfect...not even the TAC program.
>Jeff the Tigerman

Derek White
Zikomo Brewing Company
Box 31730, Lusaka, Zambia