Re: tonneau studs on the dash question

To: "cloverdale" <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: tonneau studs on the dash question
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:52:44 -0600
At 12:09 AM 1/20/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Do you use a washer or something behind the studs on the dash to protect the
>pad vinyl? Or should I quit worrying about it and screw the damn things
>down?
>
>Frank
>B9471116
>Thinking too much in Cloverdale

         If you haven't installed the dash pad yet you can install rivnuts
and use machine thread studs.  A SS washer is always  a good idea to spread
the crush and reduce cracking but the main point is that when you screw the
threaded studs in, apply Locktite and don't screw them all the way
down.  They will set up and work just fine in this mode.  They also stand
up a little higher and are easier to use.

Tom