Re: tonneau studs on the dash question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tonneau studs on the dash question
From: "cloverdale" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:18:03 -0800
Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  With respect to locating the stud holes...

Fortunately one of the good folks in the Bay Area Tiger scene ( I've gotten
so much good advice on so many different topics that I forget if it was Paul
or Rick or Tom or Steve or Norm or ???)  advised that BEFORE installing the
pad I should drill a hole through the second layer of dash sheet metal to
aid in finding the stud holes.  You drill from the top of the dash, through
the original holes, with a small drill size.  Then later after the dash is
installed you can stick a (longish) pin up through the holes (from under the
dash) to locate the stud holes.  This seemed to work great for me but then I
don't mind the non-stock holes in that second layer of metal (-;

Frank

B9471116

"modified"