Re: Possible Source of Sunbeam History

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Possible Source of Sunbeam History
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:03:16 EST
In a message dated 1/20/00 11:56:57 PM EST, TIGEROOTES@aol.com writes:

<< How about assembling questions from the list, and interviewing your
 neighbor.  Then write an article for all the Rootes Club Newsletters?  I
 guarantee we will print it!
 Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle

Be careful what you wish for Jim.

I remember, once upon a time, we had an ex-Rootes dealer at a C.A.T. meeting.
 Theresia and I were just getting into SCCA autocrossing with the Mk II at
the time, and so I was very interested in the "legitimacy" of the L.A.T
options.  I explained the "situation" with the SCCA, at that time, and then
asked him point-blank: " . . . So, could I, say in 1966 or '67, have walked
into your dealership and ordered a brand new Sunbeam Tiger with such-and-such
L.A.T. options, and had it delivered that way?"

His answer was devastating:

"What's an L.A.T option?"

Ramon.

P.S.  No sense telling  ANYBODY in Denver that story, right?