Re: Winshield Frame Variation

To: "tiger list" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winshield Frame Variation
From: "Jim Shadowen" <shad@gate.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:25:33 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Stanisavljevich <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
To: Tiger World <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2000 5:26 PM
Subject: Winshield Frame Variation

>Okay listers, here's one for you.
>
>In a discussion with a friend recently he remarked that he had seen a
>different looking stud arrangement on a windshield frame on a Sunbeam (I
>think he said it was a Tiger). I'm not talking about the 5 versus 7 stud
>question.
>
>Apparently the center stud, the one that is offset to the rear (via a
>small tab) of the frame on a "standard" frame was not offset on this
>frame. The stud was applied to the frame in a similar manner as the
>others, ie. welded directly to the frame with no offset tab.
>
>Now here's the kicker: The frame was off of the car and body hole was
>stamped to match the frame, in the more forward position. Obviously
>factory made, and intended to be that way.
>
>Has anyone else seen, or does someone own a car with such a windshield
>frame?
>
>Peter S.
>B9471799

Peter,
I have seen both types of windshield mounting that you describe.  The "66 MK1A
that I owned had the
center mounting bolt welded directly under the windshield so it did not show
when installed on the
car.  I also had a spare windshield frame that had the center bolt on a tab
that extended to the
rear of the frame so that it would could be seen on top of the dash when
installed.  I believe it
came from a MK1.

Jim