Re: Non Tiger infor needed

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Non Tiger infor needed
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:04:47 +0000
CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

> Would appreciate some general advice.  I suspect that a vehicle is shorting
> somewhere and draining down the battery.  If I place an amp meter between the
> battery positive post and the positive cable should I be able to detect a
> draw if something is shorting (assuming the ignition key is off)?
>
> The only thing that I know of that should be drawing is the memory on the
> radio - no clock or anything else that should stay on.  What would the draw
> from the radio be?  I suspect about 1/10th amp or so.
>
> Would appreciate any input.     Mark L

Mark,
You better get a 400 amp ammeter.  You will be measuring the starter current, if
you start the car.  That is avoided in the normal ammeter circuit.  If you do
not
start the car, it can work, but make sure you don't exceed the rating of the
ammeter with whatever you decide to turn on.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/