RE: Non Tiger infor needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Non Tiger infor needed
From: "Frank Marrone" <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:31:31 -0800
A possible way to look at this is to figure what current would be required
to drain the battery given certain assumptions.  Like...

Battery capacity in Ampere-Hours = 100
Time to dead battery = 20 hours

Look for current = 100/20 = 5 amps.

If you would assume that the radio and other standby electronics would not
drain this battery in, say, 100 days then the standby current could be given
by...

Standby Current = 100/(100*24) = approx .041 amps or 41 mill amperes

There are many other factor involved (like just what constitutes a dead
battery and ambient temperature) but this gets you in the ball park.

Frank
B9471116