Re: HELP harness wiring ???

To: Donovan Smith <donscr8@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: HELP harness wiring ???
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:50:57 +0000
Don,

The Tiger has a wood dashboard, that does not conduct electricity.  The panel
lights in each instrument have only a single wire to the bulb, and the shell of
the bulb is the ground return of the filament, which is grounded to the
instrument
case.

In order for these lights to function, the instrument case must be grounded.
This
is done with a series of "Christmas Tree" loops and connecting wire that are
meant
to go under the instrument holding bolt/nut, and end up attached to a body
ground.

The positive connection to the bulbs are "daisey-chained" as well.  There may be
two sets on these chains.

The indicator lights ground may be in a cable, I am not sure, and would be part
of
the cut off ends you talk about.  I don't think it's possible to reconnect these
to the indicator lights, (if you can find them), as one wire goes to the signal
source, and the other to ground.

Hope this helps.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/