Re: HELP harness wiring ???

To: tjordan <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Subject: Re: HELP harness wiring ???
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:40:52 +0000
tjordan wrote:

> [...]

Not so strange.  The first 400 + Tigers had the Alpine type vinyl dash.  Norman
(TBON) figures somewhere between 372-388.  The last one he saw was B9470372.  If
yours is higher, I am sure he would want to know.

Now, as to your electrical question, YES, it can make a difference.  I say
"can",
because it's my son Jay that's the Alpine expert, and I don't know if the
backing
for that vinyl is metal or some non-conductive material.

In addition, I don't know if Rootes wired them all, metal or not, with a
separate
ground wire.  The Alpine GT's had wood dashes too.

So, if the back is metal, and it is firmly against the metal supports, it
'could'
be used for the instrument lights, but the indicator lights probably still had
two
wires, so the other needed to be grounded somewhere.

More later, after Jay confirms this, as he has had the S2, S3, S4, S5 and the GT
versions pass through his hands, although I do not know how well he remembers
the
dash wiring.
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/