Re: Houston we have a problem

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Houston we have a problem
From: BRIBAUM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:25:58 EST

Byron,

>From past expriences I would start with the carb.  Holleys are very difficult
to adjust and don't stay adjusted for long.  You have to remove the two
screws on the side of the carb, then adjust the float by loosening the nut
and turning the screw on top of the carb until fuel just trickles out of the
hole on the side of the carb.(where you took the screw out of)  Run the car a
few miles and then remove the screws and see if the fuel is still trickling
out.  In my past experiences it always went out of ajustment shortly after
being adjusted.  Holley carbs are also difficult to fine tune(i.e. mixture
and jets.). After playing with a holley for 2 years and getting nothing but
aggravation, we replaced it with an Edlebrock and have had no problems since.
 Not saying that you should run out and replace the carb, but I would start
there first.  Usually electronic ignitions are trouble free, and if something
is wrong, they usually don't work at all.  My daily job is a professional
mechanic, and in my dealings with electronic componets, that is usually how
they work.  Either work and work well, or don't work at all. any questions
feel free to e-mail me