Houston we have a problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Houston we have a problem
From: "Bryon K. Fortney" <bfortney@us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:46:41 -0600
I have a problem and am looking for help.

I have been resorting a 65 Mk for last nine years (and I thought it
would take 9 months).  Complete restoration paint, motor, everything (my
cost estimate was as far off as my time estimate!). I rebuilt the 260
with a pretty aggressive cam (yea, missed again).  I installed a Holly
600 DP on the F4B and replace the original ignition with electronic (MSD
billet  w/ Chrysler smart box).

The car runs great (my astronaut neighbor says the shuttle is faster but
my tiger is scarier) but has an idling problem.  Some times it idles
great (1,000) other not at all.  I have tried to find some pattern here
but none appear.

I am thinking it is the ignition but w/ it being electronic how do you
check it?

Any thoughts?

Bryon K. Fortney

bfortney@us.oracle.com