Re: Safer Fuel Tank.

To: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Subject: Re: Safer Fuel Tank.
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:37:26 -0500
At 08:09 AM 2/17/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>Jim:
>Could you give me the address of the fuel cell supplier?
>Thnx
>Jc
      Have not yet found exactly what I need.  My Tiger
trunk will allow a 33 5/8 X 22 X 7.5" tank, assuming
that the battery is relocated to the fenderwell and
the old battery hold down brackets are removed.  This
would make the top of the tank flush with the rear opening
of the trunk and still have space for the trunk latch.

    Just received an ATL catalog and the closest size is
25.75 X 25.27 X 8.5.  Will not fit. Also the catalog
did not have prices included.  I was interested in some of the
filler options and fuel gauge options that were not on
the web site.  The web had prices for the basic tanks.

ATL's cells ran from about $300 to $1500 for
standard cells ( in the 22 gal range).  The price
difference was mostly related to the FIA/Spec/FT-3
of nominal tensile strengths of 450, 1000, 1800 or
2000 lb/in. and the type of metal container.

See ATL at <http://www.atlinc.com/>
They are at:
Aero Tec Laboratories Inc.
Spear Road Industral Park
Ramsey, NJ 07446-1251
800-526-5330

    As soon as I get through the mail I will recheck
Fuel Safe at <http://www.fuelsafe.com/>
I looked at them the other day, but the print outs
overran the page so I do not have the data I need.
I do Know that Fuel Safe does custom cells.
Now the question is $$$?

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others