Re: inquiry 021800a

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 021800a
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:50:05 +0000
Larry,

You are correct, the main problem with the Holley sight plugs is turning yellow,
and losing the ability to see the fuel level.  The "Crazing" comes from the
engine
cleaners used to get the crud off the outside of the carb, which seems to seep
from the vertical, gas wetted gaskets.

On your DR problem. The reason you are having difficulty in locating the
appropriate pieces is that you are looking for Rootes parts.  These were offered
only by the US dealers as a LAT 99 option (racing only).  I am surprised to find
it in a Tiger, as the included instructions definitely stated that they were to
be
inserted through the racing filler cap of the car(s) giving you the hardest time
on the track.

Perhaps the original owner was a 'threat" to a LAT 99 equipped other Tiger
Owner???

This option was conceived after the previous practice of sugar in the gas tank
was
specifically prohibited by the SCCA Rules Committee, whereas it was silent on
the
use of DR's.

I happen to have some NOS DR's, still in the original sealed plastic bags, with
Richard Wheatley's installation instructions  ("in the dead of a moon-less
night,
creep stealthily ...".)  I was debating whether to offer them on E-Bay, but if
you
are interested............

{9->

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/