Re: Idling problems

To: "Bryon K. Fortney" <bfortney@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: Idling problems
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:26:21 +0000
Bryon,

I presume you have checked the float level (hold screw, turn nut) and the float
valve sealing.  I presume you've checked the opening of the primaries at idle
uncovering the transition slots. I presume you have checked your fuel pump
pressure to assure it is not too high.  I presume you have checked for vacuum
leaks (a little WD 40, or cold weather starting aid (sold back east)) sprayed
around the joints to see if the idle increases.  I presume you've assembled the
carb. with genuine Holley gaskets for the specific model you have, so no
passages
are blocked.  I presume you have checked the floats to assure they aren't
heavier
than new (absorbed fuel) preventing proper level control, and I presume you've
checked for clogged internal passages. I presume you've checked all components,
including float bowls, for warping, and have all external unused vacuum
connections sealed.

If so then:

Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong,  ...........

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/