Re: Windscreen

To: "Bob, Jerry (LBOB)" <LBOB@chevron.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:15:08 -0700
Jerry,

    There is a product by 3M, Adhesive, Tar and Wax Remover, Cat#03607 just
for removing that coating, but it does come with WARNINGS. One that I got
was not to get the stuff on or near where the rubber ends have been joined.
If this stuff is used to remove adhesives also,  I expect any joints joined
with adhesives could be a problem.
    A second suggestion was to soak the rubber in hot water and a good
detergent. Since this can only be done before any of the rubber has been
mounted it may not help if you say your rubber has already been installed. I
have been using this method and it works quite well.

    You said you got your windshield from Rick. I assume you are happy with
it? I was just looking at his catalog for one. I still have my original
windshield, but it has a crack in it. The original is much heavier than the
new one.

Dan