ISO Tiger buying advice

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: ISO Tiger buying advice
From: Steve Pentlicki <Steve.Pentlicki@wcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:13:00 -0500
First off, thanks to everyone's kind e-mails in response to my introduction.
Because of your support, I think my Tiger learning and buying experience
will go a lot more smoothly.

Right now, I think my plan is to find a good driver that has the basic
originality required to be a good restoration candidate a few years down the
road. Of course, an original drivetrain will be important.

What other original elements should I look for?  For instance, are original
wheels hard/expensive to acquire? How about the interior, sheetmetal,
chrome, emblems, engine compartment items?

What are the good options that I should look for?

Lastly, kind of a historical and political question, what is the general
consensus of Shelby Mustang owners and Ford/Shelby car buffs in general, in
terms of recognizing that the Tiger is the work product of C. Shelby, in
much the same way as is the Shelby Mustang? I guess I am asking, because I
know the connection, but am under the impression that know one else does.
Then again, I am the only person I know that is enamored with all things
Ford and all things Shelby. What do other people think?

thanks
steve